Saturday 21 December 2013

Webcams Galore!

Today the weather is extremely miserable, so there is no point in venturing out before the afternoon, when it is supposed to get better.  To while away these boring hours I decided to edit my blog list.  I change it on and off, depending  how much interest the blogs seem to attract.

The one from MaiTai which shows how to wear scarves is a perennial favorite, and saves me much time - instead of me having to demonstrate scarf-tieing techniques, I can just direct them to her website.  And the Paris Daily Photo is obviously a huge attraction!  I try to keep the list short, I hate an over-cluttered blog-site!

I have always been rather fascinated by webcams, especially the ones that are continuous - not just a snapshot every so often.  The Oxford webcam is like that, I have actually seen people I know walk by!  The one at La Banne is iffy, and sometimes there is no image for days or weeks.  Still, it is good to know whether there is snow on Glider Mountain.  The Paris one is most useful - I always know how to dress before I go for a visit.  As for the Portland one, it is pure nostalgia.  I remember when Pioneer Square was just a parking garage, and now it is the centre of the city.  Nearby is Portland State University, my emotional Alma Mater ... those were happy days!

Since I am not too busy for the next two weeks there may be more blog-posts than usual coming forth from my keyboard, especially if the weather doesn't buck up!