Tuesday 31 December 2013

Les Toits de Paris - Hermes Scarf

Title of scarf


Life is full of coincidences .... This morning I get my roof fixed, and this afternoon my new scarf, Les Toits de Paris, or, the Roofs of Paris, arrives in the post.  I had lusted after this scarf for quite a while.  It came out in 2006, and rather reminds me of the movie Amelie.  It comes in all sorts of colour-ways, most of them not to my liking, so I had to wait a long time before this little number surfaced on Ebay, at a reasonable price and in my dream colour - night blue!

I love the dark blue, the red chimneys, and of course the cat!  This is a very well balanced/composed scarf; notice the cat on the roof, shadowed by the cat in the window?  One person, two cats, four mice, eight pigeons.  And they all smile!  Lovely lovely scarf!

I have taken lots of photos including close-ups, to help others who may want to buy this scarf in future avoid fakes.






Artist signature

Black label sewn at the back top left hand corner

Hermes copyright, in the top left hand corner