Tuesday 24 December 2013

Today is Christmas Eve ....


Today is Christmas Eve - this year went so quickly, it seems like yesterday since I wrote my last Christmas Eve message!  I have been rather more organised this year, so have time to write a blog post.  I also took a photo of (a) my new berry wreath which hangs in the dining room - isn't it a beauty? and (b) the Parlour before it gets the full decoration treatment.   I shall of course take lots of photos once the decoration is completed and the fire is lit! and post them tomorrow.

Currently I am listening to the annual Christmas Carol Service from Cambridge on Radio 4 while drinking tea and intermittently applying myself to the decorating job at hand.  One should do these things in a leisurely manner, otherwise they become just another chore and add to the Christmas stress.  Needless to say I have no Christmas stress whatsoever!  I arrange everything beforehand so have very little to do on the actual day, but plenty of time to eat, drink, listen to the wireless, and even read the off Christmas story.

My life feels very good right now, in a warm house full of food and lots of presents to look forward to - a big Thank You! to all you wonderful friends who have send me gifts this year, and also to all you equally wonderful friends who would have send me a present if you weren't so worried you got the wrong thing - I know I am difficult to please, and am grateful for your good wishes and solid friendship over the years!

Despite my best efforts there is always someone who slips through the friendship net and isn't in touch with me, so, as every year, I wish a very merry Christmas to lost and absent friends – you know who you are! Take care of yourself and remember you are loved.

As Always

Your DB