Wednesday 7 September 2016

Moral turpitude in ecclesiastic flower-beds

Nicotiana shamelessly displayed near the nave

The moral climate in la Bourboule keeps dropping.  Regular readers of my blog will remember that in the past the flowerbeds around the local church abounded with vegetables, no doubt planted by the caring priest to distribute in times of need to impoverished parishioners.  I particularly appreciated the runner beans on each side of the entrance to the church, and gave full cudos to the priest in charge.

You will therefore understand my appalled surprise when I investigated the environs of the church yesterday, to find that all the vegetables - except for a two meter high clump of dill - had been uprooted and removed.  In their stead - it pains me sorely to report this - I discovered several tall, healthy looking specimens of the tobacco plant!  Words fail me.  Whatever next, cannabis grown in pots on the altar of the Lady Chapel?

Shame Shame Shame!!!!

I noticed this blasphemous planting while shopping at the Bio-Marche (organic food) which graces the town centre every Tuesday.  I am trying to lead a healthy life style while there is still time, so came away with a very extensive shop!

Loot from the Bio market

Three different types of bread

Fruit paste, locally made

Tiny cauliflowers and cabbages

I had no idea how many beans made one kilogram!

Non Bio, but good for the digestion

La Bourboulian Bonsai

Living willow sculpture

Strictly no beans - last year half the window was obscured!

More tobacco!

Another living sculpture

A snowman in green - love it!

And next door, a plastic greenery fence - why and wherefore?