Sunday 28 April 2013

Celebrating the 26th of April – Part 2: Greenwich



I had a simply splendid time yesterday.  It was quite cold, and I was a bit worried that it would rain, but aside from a few short wet episodes that we dealt with by dint of careful timing of shopping etc it was dry.  Although there is much to be said for a clear blue sky, one populated with interesting clouds is perhaps even better for photographs, and as you can see I took many.

It was a long day.  I got up at six and only returned after midnight.  But I managed to cram in everything that makes a day wonderful.  Stimulating conversation with lovely people, lots of walking, discovery of new sights, a boat trip, and I even found a nice scarf (ancient Tie Rack, £15).  Also there was lots of great food.  And last but not least, I had plenty of time to reflect on the past and consider the future.  I am a very lucky person, blessed with good friends, interesting work, a stimulating and beautiful environment, and the talents and disposition to make the most of it.  And I have the 26th of April, which I shall treasure as long as I live.