Sunday 21 April 2013

At long last: Attic Decluttering!



Finally today I got around to decluttering the attic!  The lateness of this endeavour is not entirely my fault – the standing lamp that illuminates the attic had broken, and the little lamp I used as an understudy was woefully inadequate.  However, yesterday I finally managed to buy a new standard lamp (during one of my charity shop crawls, obviously), so I had no excuse to delay the decluttering any further.






I laboured for six hours flat!  I have to say that the Attic Clear-up was not so much a declutter as a tidying exercise – I only threw out several large bags of stuff for the charity shops, and one bag of rubbish for the bin-men to collect.  Mainly I sorted through old bank statements, academic notebooks and study notes, carpets and curtains, and Christmas ornaments.  I also stacked up empty boxes I want to keep and labelled everything up.