Tuesday 25 December 2012

Christmas Eve ...


I had a very magical and wonderful Christmas last night!  Sadly those who wish to share it with me vicariously got shortchanged yet again, because candles do not photograph well.  Either the photos come out all blurry, or I use the flash and everything is precision sharp and decidedly unmagical.  Anyway, I am posting lots of photos below, make of them what you will.

I do wish I could convey to you the mellow light made by the fire in the grate and twenty beeswax candles, and the delicious smell they created, together with the scent of pine needles and orange & clove potpourri!  Every time I entered the room I got overwhelmed by this wonderful smell, which wrapped around me like a soft warm blanket on a cold winter's night.

I got many wonderful presents from my friends & relations, and managed to be surprised by any number I had bought for myself and wrapped way back earlier in the year (like February).  Those who know me will not be astonished to read that I have already bought my first Christmas present for next Christmas - be prepared and plan ahead, that has and always will be my motto for Christmas!

Thank you everyone for your gifts and good wishes for Christmas, they are tremendously appreciated!  Happy Christmas and God Bless Us Everyone, to quote Tiny Tim!