Thursday 2 April 2020

Journal of the Plague Year 12 - It is lovely out there!


I have four window boxes in front of my house

I try to take a little walk every day - it is such an antidote to being cooped up at home!

I tried to take some photos, but experienced battery issues very soon, so you will have to make do with these few.  The weather was overcast, not ideal, especially for taking photos.  But still, better than nothing!


Herbish window box - very handy for salads

I do love blue flowers!

Lest you think someone had robbed the contents of my window box - I did it myself.  I needed the thyme for an indoor herb garden, and shall pop a miniature rose into this vacated spot.  Looks a bit odd, but who cares these days of no visitors!

Just around the corner they are still flying the flag.  I live  in a very sensible neighbourhood.  Not upmarket, but full of intellectuals!  Perfect for me. 

There are several parks close by, and this one still had a flowering cherries.  The others had all blossomed themselves out in January, but this one is still going strong.



No, I didn't take the two photos above today, it was too overcast.  But the flowers were there, as beautiful and cheery as ever!  I take great joy in the thought that when Nature has finally finished us off and humanity has become extinct, there will still be flowers, basking in the sunshine, visited by bees.