Sunday 28 February 2016

Griswold & Wagner rear their heads again

Silver dollar pancakes with blueberries
I bought a few more cast iron cooking implements.  I have no excuse, of course, but I don't care.  I like to eat just small amounts of bread, especially breadsticks, so need several baking forms to make a batch of dough.  Once everything is baked I freeze them.  It only takes a few minutes to thaw them in the oven, and one stick is just right for accompanying a bowl of soup.


Notice the tiny little pan in the back?  Handy for melting butter, or roasting a few cloves of garlic, or making a truly tiny batch of cornbread, or frying one egg the right shape for an EggMcSausage (not that I ever make those, but one never knows - be prepared, is my motto!)


Full length breadsticks




Finger length breadsticks - aren't they cute?



Muffin pan - too much dough!

And this is my Plett-pan, for making silver/sand dollar pancakes - so cute and easy to eat!