Sunday 28 February 2016

Catching up...

I have been shockingly busy these last few weeks, which is why I did no blog posts.  I did take a few photos ...

These last few weeks I have had a great piece of good news - I have been promoted!!!!!  Full kudos to my managers and colleagues for responding so positively to my innate quality and perfection.

There was bad news, too - another death in the family, this time the relative in question died at age 59, which is way before anyone should follow the call of the final reaper.

Another thing that kept me busy was a visit from two friends of mine, who stayed for the weekend to see a special exhibition at the Bodleyan.  It was great to see them again, but did take up a lot of time.  One weekend to prepare the Little House, one for the actual visit, and one to clean up afterwards.

And just when I saw land and thought I could settle back into my routine, one of my crowns broke off, taking the tooth with it.  It was one of my favourites, let's call him Eric, at the very back of the jaw, so not too noticeable a loss.  I think I may just keep the gap, rather than have a fake tooth inserted.  The gap could come in handy, I am already wondering what I could use it for.  Of course if I chewed tobacco, I could keep a quid (Priemchen) in it, but seeing as most of the nation's spittoons have been decommissioned I can't see myself going down that road.

On a related note, I hope the Eric remnant will come out in one big piece, rather than lots of tiny fragments, so I can turn it into a relic and set it up in a little shrine.  Eric is the first piece of my body I have ever lost, and the upcoming surgery is the first I have ever had, so this will be an important chapter in the history of my physical development.

Anyway, I will now do a few little posts, to address the backlog!