Sunday 8 November 2015

Paris in November - A Truly Lovely Day!

St Etienne du Mont

I had another excellent day in Paris.  It was 21 C, so we were able to have lunch sitting outside in the sunshine.  The plan had been to go to the Christmas market at La Defense, but it doesn't start until later in the month, so we went to the area of the Parthenon instead.

A really beautiful area, the sort that made one of my colleagues opine that, "after she had seen Paris she thought London was ugly".  I hasten to add that my Paris friends vehemently disagreed with that sentiment, as indeed do I - Paris and London are each beautiful in their own right, the one with its classically arranged order and the other with its higgledy piggledy patchwork style of vital exuberance.  In the sunshine they are both wonderful!

I enjoyed the day particularly because the last few days in London and Oxford were very rain- dominated.  Luckily the weather is supposed to improve in England as well, so I am looking forward to a few sunny autumn days before all the leaves and lovely fall colours have disappeared.

This door marks an important episode in the life of my friend A!

Parthenon approaching

From the other side

Nice door!







Auvergnat restaurants where we partook of excellent food just around the corner from the Parthenon


Look at this building - apartments no deeper than six feet, I reckon.  And any wind can tip it over!

Inside St Etienne - only church I ever saw that had a clock on the inside!











I do love a good planting!  Just outside the Senate, Jardin de Luxembourg



Senate Building