Tuesday 24 November 2015

A much neglected scarf - Parcours D'H

Parcours D'H by Dimitri Rybaltchenko

Parcours D'H is a scarf I bought very reluctantly, and only because it is sort of stripey, and I have a stripey top I thought it would go well with.  When I had first seen it in the shops I liked the colour - a rich tomatoey red, with hints of orange and a bit of black - but dismissed it as basically a boring scarf.  Plus, when you turn it over it has white stripes, so you have to tie it very carefully, to make sure the white doesn't show.  Lastly, it does not photograph easily - the red is much richer than my pictures convey.

The scarf depicts a sort of labyrinth - parcours means path, route.  It shows a game, where you have to get little balls from one side of the labyrinth to the other.  Not exactly exciting!  So why am I doing a post on it?

Because this turned out to be a truly brilliant scarf!  The red goes with everything!  After I finally bought this scarf off Ebay - cheaply, because everyone else seems to share my opinion that this is a boring scarf - I ended up wearing it more than any of my other scarves.  Brilliant, just brilliant.  If you see it - in red, mind, the other colours are as boring as the design - just pounce and buy it.  Before I do.  It is just the sort of scarf I might buy in multiples, just in case it wear out ....

As I said, no one likes this scarf, so I am posting these photos with features to be aware of in case you are interested - no one else seems to have done it.


This is the start of the labyrinth, note the little balls

Distinguishing signs - Hermes - Paris





See the wrinkles?  I wear this a lot!  Those are shadows, not grease spots, by the way.

White backside!

Care tag

Title


Copyright


Artist