Sunday 26 April 2015

Paris Encore!

View from the cafe where we partook of hot beverages after seeing the castle
This weekend was again dominated by Paris.  I don't usually go two weekends in a row, but like a dumb bunny I bought the ticket there for one weekend and the return ticket for the following weekend, and had to either lose my two half-tickets or buy another two half tickets, and chose the more expensive option.  But hey, I am not complaining!

I almost didn't make it on account of this little feller, who got X-rayed numerous times by three suspicious customs officers, who I watched from behind their screen trying to figure out what on earth I was trying to smuggle into France.  Eventually I heard laud laughter and my money-eating skull-dugger was waved through.  Isn't he the cutest thing?  When you push the lever behind his shoulder he opens his mouth, the eyes pop out, and he raises his hand with the coin inside.  He was a gift for a friend ....

Money bank


The weather was lousy during this trip, overcast and windy and muggy - not cold not warm, just unpleasant.  Nevertheless we ventured forth, and educated our reluctant minds by visiting a museum located in an old castle near Paris.  Lots of neolithic and iron age and what not implements, all lovingly displayed and lighted.  But we were tired and in a pensive mood, and soon abandoned our self improvement in favour of hot chocolate and apple cake.

I wonder what future generations will think when they dig up old coin-eater one day?












That's where we should have buried the money-skeleton!