Sunday 6 July 2014

Oxford Cowley Road Carnival


This afternoon I nipped over to the Cowley Road to shoot a few photos of the Carnival (not sure why it is in July).  I missed the parade (I had a few emergency issues to deal with) but there was still plenty going on when I arrived.  There were lots of people, lots of food, and music every ten meters.  I never understood why the music has to be so loud, and especially why the bass is always so amplified.  It was so loud that I could feel it inside my body!  I hear that loud music can cause nausea, and I was close to it!  Anyway, I shot a few photos so you can share my experience.  Just put on some hard rock and turn the music up as high as you can, imagine the mingled smell of lots of different foods being fried and cooked and baked and vendored, and you will feel as I did!


Queuing for the porta-potties

Trampolining


An excellent vantage point





Music makers


A singer I think - she wasn't singing when I was there

Ah to be young and foolish again!