Sunday 29 June 2014

"le monde de l'aviation et l'aviation du monde"


Les Ailes - "le monde de l'aviation et l'aviation du monde"

Journal Hebdomadaire de la Locomotion Aerienne

19e Annee - No 950 - 10 Aout 1939

I am rather cut up, because I had to cancel my annual three week holiday in La Bourboule because of pressing commitments elsewhere.  I hope I might be able to snatch at least a week later in the year, but my August/September Cure has had to be abandoned, snif & cry!

To assuage my feelings of loss and longing for La Bourboule, I googled around and look what I found!

A French newspaper about flying from 1939!  I thought others might be interested in sharing my excitement, so I have photographed the entire newspaper, with special emphasis on the sections that deal with La Bourboule.

Enjoy!