Sunday 19 May 2013

Green is such a lovely colour ….

My garden is quite shady so ferns are one of the few plants that really thrive in it
 
Ramsons (wild garlic) also do well.  When they are done flowering I pick the leaves and freeze them - they are delicious!

Green is definitely one of my favourite colours!  And Spring is a good time for seeing green.  The garden is awakening, and there are so many different shades of green, it beggars description.  I am always reluctant to post photos of my garden; it is such a small, common, unexceptional garden, with few flowers or features of interest.  But to me it holds many charms, and every flower is special.


Appletree blossoms
 
Ditto

Lily of the Valley

Bluebells

Herb Robert - somehow I like the smell!
 
The birch is doing well
 
Herb Robert is taking over the pondside
 
 
My garden bench, great for morning coffee

Tadpoles in my observation bowl


I only turn on the fountain when the taddies have left

 
More Herb Robert

My first Christmas tree in the Little House.  He lived in a pot for four years and now sort-of-prospers in the garden

The little trees I scavenged in La Bourboule and planted in pots are doing well!

The Elder is thriving (well, just try and stop them!)
 
The current Christmas tree, doing alright in its pot.  I repotted him after last Christmas, hopefully he will be alright in the pot for another year or two!  If pines have bright green tips on their branches in Spring they are alright, if not they need attention