Tuesday 27 November 2012

Christmas Decorations – Just six little pine cones!




A few weeks ago I looked over my little stash of Christmas decorations with a view to de-cluttering what was no longer needed and to ascertain whether I needed to buy anything.  Having decided that I could do with a few more gilded pine cones – one can never really have enough gilded pine cones – I searched Evilbay for a few likely suspects.

I found an interesting type, new to me, former shop decorations, apparently.  The listing said that they were larger than usual, which sounded fine to me – I already have quite a few of the small ones.

I got them super cheap, and the shipping took ages, presumably because the sellers were miffed that I had paid so little for them.  But today they finally arrived.

Oh my stars and little comets!!!!

A huge box arrived, and while I opened it I opined to my colleagues how ridiculous the habit of some vendors is to ship tiny things in huge boxes ….  Imagine my surprise when I found six super-sized cones in the box!  The largest ones are about a foot long!  Just imagine what they would look like on my little Christmas Tree, which stands just two feet high!  It’s going to topple over!

Well, while the cones are unsuitable for any but the tallest Christmas tree, they certainly provided a lot of cheap entertainment and innocent merriment in my office today.  By all accounts their arrival – and my horrified surprise! – were the funniest thing that has happened around the college for a long while.  Already a small queue is forming of people who want to borrow them for some extravaganza or other.

Oh well, maybe it wasn’t such a bad purchase after all!