Wednesday 16 April 2014

Bremen Impressions


I just spent a week in Bremen.  It was mainly uneventful, but I did manage an afternoon in town of shopping, eating, and just general meandering around.  The shopping was a dismal failure - months of decluttering have taken a toll on my psyche!  Whenever I saw a charming little something anyone in their right mind would buy, a small voice inside me shrieked, "Do you really want to dust this thing for the next forty years?"  Flea markets, shoe shops, the Easter Fair with its numerous sausage and candy stalls, even the local Oxfam shop failed to subdue that little - but extremely vocal - inner voice.  In the end I bought a little Christmas tree ornament and some second hand leather gloves (I got a lot of flack for the gloves from the Little Voice, let me tell you!).  Hic transit gloria mundi!

I did take a few photos of the Easter Fair and the central park to share with you.



Smoking salmon while you watch!









Like some MPs I am a sucker for duck-houses