Saturday 13 March 2021

Oxford Daily Photos - Daffodils

 


I didn't venture far today, it was very cold and windy, and I didn't want to catch anything. I had already spent an hour outside leafletting for the upcoming local election, so my inner core of warmth was sadly depleted by the time I went for a walk.

There was a long queue outside the local supermarket, so I couldn't buy the frozen cherries that are my current obsession, either - not a good day.

I did discover a shop that sells antiques and clothes and other odds and ends, and bought something I totally don't need.  I made phots, but someone haven't been able to upload them into this post - better luck tomorrow, hopefully!

The daffodils are beginning to come out!!!  Last year the council planted a ruinous amount of them, and hopefully lots of them will naturalise and bloom again.  Unless they all get dug up again - so wasteful!


They are flourishing in private gardens, too.

And on my new windowsill!!!  I rummaged the splashback from an ancient washstand from a neighbour's front yard (with permission!) and turned it into a windowsill in the parlour.  I am very pleased with it!