Sunday 7 March 2021

Oxford Daily Photos - Church of St Clements




St Clements Church is my neighbourhood church.  It isn't very old - it was built in 1828, after the old church of St Clements was demolished and replaced by The Plains (see earlier blog post).  It is Church of England, and I occasionally go there, but usually I stick to the college chapels and university church, so I am rarely inside.

However, I am quite often outside, frolicking in the cemetery and generally enjoying myself.  I have always been fond of cemeteries, and as it is close by it is a good place for a quick wander around.

It was very cold outside, so I only walked for around five miles before retreating to the warmth of the hearth.  What with all those Spring flowers you would think it would get a little warmer soon!















Lots of mistletoe growing around here.  Reminds me of a certain French chateau I once visited - it was equally freezing!