Sunday 25 January 2015

Musings on a Sunday Afternoon - My Life It's Been Changing

I have had an excellent first week at my new job.  I didn't oversleep a single time!  I just told my body to fall back into the usual Bank-of-England-days' routine, except getting up a bit earlier, and it worked well - full kudos to my amazingly supportive sub conscience.  

I rather like getting up early, it makes me feel virtuous and self-righteous.  Because I arrive quite early in London I have time to have a good breakfast before work, and read the paper.  I found a good cafe near my new workplace, which supplies not only the possibly best bacon & scrambled eggs in town, but also free newspapers - not just the usual cheap Times, but The Manchester Guardian!  Be still, my thumping heart.

It will take me awhile to get back into a routine at home.  If you aren't home much, issues like postal deliveries and shopping need careful planning.  Luckily I am surrounded by lovely neighbours who are home a lot, and very accommodating in taking in packages for me and keeping an eye on the house, which is really helpful.

My exercise routine has sadly flagged during the past few months, but I am confident that I will be able to go to the pool a few times a week at least.  I even have enough time in the evenings to watch a French movie!  This is particularly important because I have booked my next Cure in la Bourboule for September, and really must brush up my language skills.

I hope I will be able to maintain my regularly blog postings, but if I ever lapse worry not - it just means I am a bit too busy with work and other miscellaneous enterprises.  But I shall always be back!

So tally ho, pip pip, and hey ho hopdiquax me old beans!