Tuesday 23 October 2012

Shopping for Plants in Paris



Paris is great for buying potted plants.  There are any number of street markets where one can purchase plants – and especially flowers! galore, but my favourite is just down the road from Notre Dame.  It is called Allee Celestin Hennion, and consists of a number of large green houses, filled to the brim with plants in pots.  There are also  plant shops on the other side of the Seine, and indeed pet shops as well, but although they sport alluring items like ten foot long artificial alligators, I prefer the ones at Celestin Hennion.  Photos are better than words to describe their manifold attractions, so here they are!










It rained and drizzled and dripped throughout my stay, but I dare say the plants loved it.  I was OK with it, too, since I was in excellent company and had some severely entertaining chats, and good food and drink, too.  The only fly in my ointment was that I did not find any new Oncle Picsou magazines.  Oh well, better luck in November!