Sunday 11 March 2012

I found Gold in London!


OK, now that I have your attention ….  Yesterday I was in London, doing my usual stuff, you know, glamourising around and doing the kind of stuff other people can only fantasise about, like walking around in Hyde Park, using the toilets in Selfridges, discussing the best way to knot a 90cm carre with a charming young Frenchman, looking for coins in Knightsbridge, and so on and so forth.

After having glimmered around London glamorously for a few hours, I met up with K to see the Spider Silk Exhibition at the Victoria & Albert Museum.  Wow Au AU!!!  Incredible, simply incredible.  I took some photos, and am adding the link to a film Z found on the internet as well.  The exhibition is on until early June, if you don’t go to see it you will regret it until the day you die.

The textiles shown are made from the silk of the Madagascar Golden Orb spiders.  The silk is naturally golden, the garments have not been dyed.





http://www.vam.ac.uk/content/articles/g/golden-spider-silk/