Saturday 24 September 2022

Saturday morning routine - Cafe CoCo

 


One of my favourite past times is to sit in cafes and read the papers.  Usually that is only my portion on weekends, since I am privileged with a weekday job.  Saturdays I tend to go to Cafe CoCo, a well established hang out for Oxford alternative weirdos like myself.  

They used to provide free newspapers - now I have to buy my own paper, and leave it behind for other, less well-heeled, customers when I am finished.  The Tory Austerity and COVID lock-down have a lot to answer for!

Anyway, I went again this morning.  I am still a bit weak after my recent illness, but one must venture out at some stage.  Besides I had to pick up my boots from the cobbler before he decided to discard them.

I also swung by the Saturday market in search of some organic milk, but the milk people didn't show up - again.  Irritating.  Went to the supermarket instead.

Anyway, the weather was quite nice, so I managed to get some decent photos!


Just around the corner from CoCo's is a 17th century coaching Inn, that is still in use.  A friend of mine once stayed there, apparently it is a bit rustic - well, not surprising, given its age.



CoCo's have managed to take over half of Dawson Street.  On the other side of the street is KazBar, same owner as CoCo's, but different opening hours, so using up the street between the two places made a lot of sense.  It all seems to have started during COVID closures, which revolutionised outdoor dining.  I was among the frequent visitors, since I am used to sitting in low temperatures.


CoCo's indoors - there is also a naked man in a bathtub.  I don't approve of this sort of public nudity, but the premises are too well attended for me to add concealing T-shirts to the offending deco.




They used to advertise for long-haired weirdos, but I guess some short-haired normies took offence.



A very healthy breakfast for a change - my innards need molly-coddling!


Down the High Street to pick up my boots - I do like the cockerel on top of the University Church!